The Holy Island of Lindisfarne is known as the Cradle of Christianity in the North of England.
In the 7th century St. Aidan travelled from Iona to found a monastery on Lindisfarne. From there, he and the Celtic monks with him, went out to evangelise the North of England. He travelled on foot and asked everyone he met if they knew Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, if they replied yes, he would encourage them to love God more. If they said they didn't he would work alongside them and tell them more about the God he served. This way of spreading the gospel was the foundation of the Celtic church in Northumbria.
This unique resource features interviews about the history of Lindisfarne, the simplicity of faith of its saints and how modern Christians have been inspired by this holy place. It features Christians who live and work on the Holy Island. It is a collection of short videos of interviews and liturgies and prayers.
With contributions from:
- Mary and Mark Fleeson, of Lindisfarne Scriptorium and Northumbria Community.
- Ray Simpson, Guardian of the Community of Aidan and Hilda.
- Reverend Canon Kate Tristram, an expert on the history of Lindisfarne.
- Music from the Northumbria Community and David Fitzgerald.
- Video Liturgy, Prayers and Meditations.
Please note this DVD is currently PAL only, therefore it will not play in USA/Canada/Japan.
This DVD uses some content from the Just Worship 3 DVD by AMP.